Google Ads campaign is a web-based advertising management tool provided by Google. This guide teaches you to optimise your advertising to get the best results. Pay-per-click advertising generates more clicks, which increases the likelihood of generating leads.
Table of Contents
What is Google Ads?
Google Ads is an online advertising platform developed by Google that enables businesses and advertisers to display their ads on search engine result pages (SERPs), other websites and mobile apps within the Google Display Network.
Google Ads allows advertisers to create various types of ads, such as text ads, image ads, video ads and interactive ones, then target them towards specific audiences based on factors like location, demographics, interests and keywords. They pay for their advertisements either on a cost-per-click (CPC) or cost per impression (CPM), meaning they only pay when someone clicks or views their ad.
Google Ads can be an invaluable resource for businesses seeking to boost their online visibility and attract more customers. By targeting the correct audiences with optimized ad campaigns, businesses can drive more traffic to their website, generate more leads, boost sales and revenues alike.
How to set up a Google Ads account?
- To begin, navigate to the Google Ads website and click on the “Start now” button.
- Sign in with your existing Google account or create a new one if you don’t already have one.
- Once logged in, you’ll be asked for some basic information about your business and advertising objectives. This includes the URL of your website, target locations for ads, and what type of ad campaign (search, display, video).
- Once approved, you’ll be directed to create your first ad campaign. This involves selecting your target audience, selecting keywords, crafting copy for both online and offline use, setting budget limits and selecting an effective bid strategy.
- Once your ad campaign is created, the next step is to set up your payment method. Google Ads offers several payment options such as credit/debit card, bank transfer and direct debit.
- Finally, you’ll need to verify your account by entering a verification code sent to you via email or phone from Google.
How to Create Google Ads?
1. Select a Campaign Type:
Google Ads offers various campaign types, such as search, display, shopping, video, and app ones. Pick one that best meets your advertising objectives.
2. Select Your Campaign Settings:
Selecting your campaign name, selecting your target audience, setting budget and bid strategy, as well as choosing start and end dates are all necessary steps for success.
3. Create Your Ad Groups:
Ad groups are the individual pieces of advertising within a campaign. Create these segments based on specific themes or keywords related to your products or services.
4. Create Your Ads:
Within each ad group, craft ads tailored to your target audience and that showcase the unique value proposition of your products or services. You can utilize text ads, image ads, video ads, and more in this process.
5. Select Your Keywords Carefully:
Keywords are the search terms that cause your ads to display. Make sure your keywords are relevant and directly relate to your products or services.
6. Conversion Tracking:
Conversion tracking helps you assess the success of your ads by measuring how many people take desired actions on your website, such as making a purchase or filling out a lead form. This data can be invaluable in measuring the efficiency of each ad spend.
7. Review and launch your campaign:
Before beginning your campaign, double-check all settings, ad groups, ads and keywords to make sure everything is set up properly. When satisfied, click “Launch” to launch the campaign!
How does Google Ads work?
1. Advertisers create ads:
Ad creators use Google Ads to customize their ad, selecting the format, writing copy, selecting images or videos and selecting targeting options such as location, language and demographics.
2. Ads can be entered into an auction:
When someone searches on Google or visits a website that displays Google Ads, Google runs an auction to decide which ads will be shown. The auction takes into account factors like bid amount, ad relevance and expected click-through rate when making its determination.
3. Ad Display Method:
Based on the auction results, winning ads are shown to users. If someone clicks one of these ads, the advertiser is charged for that click.
4. Ad performance can be tracked and optimized:
Advertisers can monitor the performance of their ads in real-time using Google Ads’ dashboard. Here, advertisers can view metrics such as clicks, impressions, conversion rates and cost per click and make adjustments to their ads or targeting accordingly for improved effectiveness.
5 best practices of goole ads campaigns
1. Establish Clear Campaign Objectives:
Before creating a Google Ads campaign, it’s essential to define specific, measurable objectives that align with your business targets. This could include increasing website traffic, generating leads or sales, or raising brand awareness. With specific objectives in mind, you can craft more targeted ads and measure the success of your campaign more accurately.
2. Choose the Right Keywords:
Selecting the correct keywords is essential for the success of your Google Ads campaign. Utilize Google’s Keyword Planner tool to identify relevant, high-traffic phrases related to your products or services. Be sure to incorporate both broad and specific terms, and monitor your campaigns regularly to identify and eliminate any underperforming words.
3. Create Targeted Ad Groups:
Create specific ad groups based on themes or keywords to make your ads more targeted and ensure they are pertinent to the searcher’s intent. Utilize ad group-level targeting options such as location, language and device to further refine your targeting.
4. Crafting Effective Advertising Copy:
Writing captivating ad copy is essential to capture the searcher’s attention and motivate them to click on your ad. Use clear, concise language that communicates the unique value proposition of your products or services in your ad copy, include relevant keywords, and include an inviting call-to-action that encourages users to take desired action on your website.
5. Monitor and optimize your campaigns:
Monitor your Google Ads campaigns regularly to identify areas for improvement and make necessary adjustments. This may include altering your bid strategy, refining targeting, testing different ad copy, or eliminating underperforming keywords or ads. Use conversion tracking to measure campaign success and identify opportunities for enhancement.
How to reach new customers through Google ad campaigns?
Once you’ve established your objectives, you’ll want to keep tabs on the various Google Ads marketing campaigns. Before determining the appropriate campaign type, you must also consider your clients’ SEE, THINK, DO, and CARE frameworks.
● The Network for Search:
Your ad will appear if a user types in your keyword into a web browser. The use of text ads necessitates the creation of relevant content to reach your audience. Using a search campaign will be most effective if your goal is to raise engagement and boost sales.
● Campaigns on the Display Network:
The most common type of ad is an image or text message, but banners are also common. These banners may also be shown based on people’s words or interests on the page.
● Video marketing:
Using video advertising is an excellent way to get your message across to your target audience. If anybody views your video, you pay for this type of advertising. Using music and visual effects to tell your story is a massive benefit of video campaigns. However, you must consider the campaign’s goal and suitability.
● App Promotions:
Using Google Ads, you can run an in-app campaign if you want to increase the number of interactions, downloads, or actions in your app. The rest is handled automatically after a quick set-up.
Resources to Improve Your Ads on Google
If you want your Google Ads to generate skilled and experienced clients and sales, verify these extra resources. Regarding a successful paid campaign, your ad copy and headline aren’t the only things you need to pay attention to. They should first land on a conversion-optimised landing page before being sent to a thank-you page so that they can make more sales.
● You’ll learn from Landing Page Quality Management how to make a landing page that’s more likely to convert, saving you time and money.
● You’ll learn to keep your good lead on your location and how to hold their attention with optimised “Thank You” Pages.
● Tips for Using Mobile Devices can help you excel with your Google Ads. There are significant differences between desktop and mobile advertising that Google Ads teaches you how to maximise.
● We at Expand My Business will get you the expertise of the leading PPC campaign management companies to help you maximise your return on your investment.
● You can use Google Shopping campaigns to show your products to potential customers shopping online. We recommend that you first define the goals of your campaign before creating a strategy to achieve them. Depending on your shopping campaign’s target audience, use Smart Bidding or manual bidding. To keep customers interested and excited about your brand, you need to keep it updated.
There is no such thing as an unsuccessful Google Ads campaign. It is possible to run an effective Google ad campaign by following these guidelines. Check out this Google ads guide for a thorough understanding. Google’s new ad campaign Performance Max couldn’t be left out of this list of best practices.
How do I make a Google ad campaign effective?
To make a Google ad campaign effective, you should:
1. Set clear campaign goals and objectives
2. Conduct thorough keyword research
3. Write compelling ad copy and create eye-catching visual assets
4. Use audience targeting options effectively
5. Continuously test and optimise your ads and targeting settings
Which of the following is a Google Ads best practice?
One of the best practices for Google Ads is to use relevant and specific keywords in your ad campaigns. This can improve your ad’s visibility and click-through rates, leading to more conversions and a higher return on investment (ROI).
What is the best campaign for Google Ads?
The best type of campaign for Google Ads depends on your specific business goals and target audience. However, search campaigns, display campaigns, and video campaigns are all popular options that can be effective in driving traffic and conversions. It’s important to choose the right campaign type based on your goals and target audience, and to continuously monitor and optimise your campaigns for the best results.
We are Team EMB the voice behind this insightful blog.