React Native has been used widely in business around the world companies like Facebook, Skype, Microsoft, Uber Eats used this; however, if you are confused with which to choose for your business, then you must go through this blog. We have mentioned all the details about React Native and React JS, so first, get a detailed understanding of the working criteria of both React Native and React JS, then determine either of them for your project.
Table of Contents
How to create a React JS application?
Open the terminal and write the following command –npx create-react-app folder-name
After successfully creating the project folder, navigate to it using the following command –cd folder-name
Write the code and run the application using the following command –npm start
How to create a React Native application?
Open the terminal and write the following command to install expo-cli –npm install -g expo-cli
After successful installation of the expo-cli, run the following command to create the project folder –expo init react-native-test-application
After successfully creating the project folder, navigate to it using the following command –cd react-native-test-application
Advantages of using React JS
- The biggest advantage of React JS is its reusable components. Each component comprises its control and logic. It can be used whenever and wherever needed, which makes it easier for the developer as it follows the DRY (Do not Repeat Yourself) principle of coding.
- With the help of React JS, it has become really easy to create dynamic web applications.
- Due to the use of Virtual DOM, React JS improves the performance of web applications. Developers do not write directly to the DOM. Instead, they write virtual components which will eventually turn into DOM and provide smoother performance.
Disadvantages of using React JS
- The React JS framework is changing rapidly day by day, so sometimes it would be difficult for developers to cope with the changes and learn new things.
- There is a huge problem with the documentation of React JS and its updates.
Advantages of using React Native
- React Native is very useful to build cross-platform native apps for Android and iOS.
- There is a large community of React Native that will help you if you come across any problem while creating mobile applications.
- The changes made during the development will be immediately visible on the screen.
Disadvantages of using React Native
- React Native is not a well-established framework. It is still new, and there are a lot of improvements to be made.
- React Native takes a lot of time to initialise, which is a disadvantage.
- Facebook controls the React Native Framework, so its existence is still uncertain.
Difference between React JS and React Native
1. React JS is used for developing web applications.
3. Applications built using React JS can be executed on any platform.
5. The initial release of React JS was in 2013.
1. React Native is used for developing mobile applications.
3. Applications built using React Native are not platform-independent. It requires additional efforts to be run on all platforms.
4. React Native comes with built-in animation libraries.
5. The initial release of React Native was in 2015.
You will get a great experience while using React Native and React JS tools. The developers who are now fluent in using React JS can also build a good application using react-native. React Native is quite faster than React JS and it takes less time to build iOS and Android apps. The best thing about react native is that it allows using all the tools of developers that will be used in React JS. Every technology has its limitations and React JS and React Native too. We have mentioned all the details about both in this blog. You can go through all the details mentioned in this blog and then decide which technology will be suitable for you.